Cobra Language Binding Add-In MonoDevelop Repository
This is the add-in repository for the Cobra language binding add-in
for the MonoDevelop integrated development environment. This add-in
repository can also be used with the Xamarin Studio IDE.
The latest stable version of the add-in compatible with version 5.X of MonoDevelop is hosted from this site.
To get the latest development version instead, use the source-based installation program from the
Before you begin, you should already have installed the Cobra compiler,
MonoDevelop, and any required dependencies such as the correct version
of the .NET Framework or Mono.
- To add this repository to MonoDevelop, open MonoDevelop and select "Add-in Manager" from the "Tools" menu (or
the "Application" menu on Mac).
- When the Add-in Manager opens, select the "Gallery" tab and click the "Repository" dropdown menu. Select "Manage
- Click the "Add" button. Copy this site's address into the Url text box in the resulting window and then click "OK"
and close the "Add-In Repository Management" window.
- The repository is now registered. Expand the "Language bindings" section and you should see the Cobra Language
Binding add-in available for installation. Select it and click "Install...". You will be prompted to confirm the
- Close the "Add-in Manager" and restart MonoDevelop to ensure all dependencies are loaded correctly.
- Create a new solution from the "File" menu.
- Select "Cobra" in the left pane and then select the "Console Project" template in the right pane.
- Name your project and then click "OK".
- Run the program from the "Run" menu and verify that "Hello, world!" displays to the console. If so, you have
successfully installed the Cobra Language Binding add-in.
If you encounter difficulties, head on over to the Cobra discussion forums
and ask for help.
If you'd like to report a bug in the add-in or make an enhancement request, you can also post this to the
forums or add it directly to the
issues list on the GitHub repository.